Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve in Iowa -- day one

We made it safely last night. T.J. and I got to my mom's house around 1:15 a.m. We got to bed around 2:00 a.m., which is 3 eastern. My alarm was set for 7:45 a.m., but we were awake laying in bed around 7. Why, you ask? Well, we slept in the basement, which it is probably safe to say is approximately 50 degrees. Everytime we moved and touched a cold sheet, we woke up. Today we rounded up some extra blankets, so tonight should be a little bit better sleep (I hope).

I got my hair done today. It is dark! I think it will fade a little bit. I do really like it, though. After that, I got an adjustment at the chiropractor -- ahhhh!! I really needed that! Then I scooted across the street to Block, Lamberti & Gocke to say hi to my old co-workers. It was so nice to see everyone again!!
We headed to Altoona to meet up with Brett & Courtney for lunch. We went to Pizza Ranch and had yummy buffet. It was so fun to chat! I could do that all day! Keriann came and met with us. T.J. went to Maxwell to visit his family. Keriann & I went to Beaverdale to visit Walt and Joyce Elder, our Great Uncle & Aunt. We even got to see Connie & A.J. for a few minutes. When they stopped, they were able to take this picture. After a nice visit with Walt & Joyce, we headed back to Baxter. Mom had made a lasagna dinner. I also had some beer cheese soup from Noodle Zoo that T.J. had gotten me earlier in the day. It was delicious! After dinner, T.J., Keriann & I headed over to Dad & Carmen's. It was fun to see them! Russell is Mr. On-The-Go! He wore me out:) We also got to meet Leeanna's boyfriend, Chris.

Day one was very busy. I am looking forward to the rest of the week visiting with family and friends!!

Pin It!

No comments: