Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mutt Strut

Today was the Mutt Strut at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It is beautiful out today -- 85, slight wind, sunny with occasional clouds. BUT on the track it feels like 100! It was neat to be able to park on the infield and walk the track. I uploaded a ton of pictures so you can see for yourself how much fun it was!! :)
The registration lines
Starting the walk
Looking back where we just came from Hoofed animals were allowed if they had rubber soles. Notice the shoes:)
Family shot
T.J. and Herky going around the first turn
Keith, Natasha & their three doggies (Zsa Zsa, Zoey & Lucy)
Herky hit the grass and just dropped (this was about half way)
It was a lot cooler to walk on the grass!
Taking a break.
Herky was getting pretty hot and tired, so I had to carry him for a little bit.
Walking down the home stretch.
T.J., Baxter & Herky relaxing in the shade.
Me & Baxter trying to cool down after the big walk.

We got some Little Caesars Hot 'n Ready on our way home! YUM-O!!I did a quick planting of these flowers when I got home.

Bath time!! On the walk they had lots of pools for the dogs to get in and cool off. It made for some pretty mangy dogs when we got home, though!



Oh, so sleepy! I am sure the dogs will be sleeping for two days straight to recover from their adventure today!

I got a major sun burn. I thought I would just get a little sun today -- boy was I wrong!!

Pin It!

No comments: