Sunday, May 17, 2009

Vacation Planning!

I feel kind of like this weekend has been all about vacations! First, on Saturday morning, T.J. and I booked a trip to NYC!!! We are both sooo excited for it. I have wanted to go to New York since I was a little girl. I used to swear I would live there some day. T.J., of course, wants to go to Yankee Stadium and watch a game. So, we are heading to the Big Apple on Thursday, July 16 in the morning and coming home on Sunday the 19th. It will be just a long weekend trip, but probably best that way. I kind of feel overwhelmed by all the things to do there.

We already got tickets to a baseball game on Friday. The Yankees are playing the Detroit Tigers. We want to try to take a tour of the stadium. I really want to see the Statue of Liberty and Central Park. I heard the Red Bus Tours are good for seeing lots of sites, so we will probably do that. Otherwise, we are going to soak in all that the City that Never Sleeps has to offer:)

Today we also did some shopping for a few last-minutes items we needed for our Iowa/Vegas trip. T.J. needed a new shirt or two and I needed some sticky bra cup things. (Which are a pain to find!!) We actually shopped for four hours here in Plainfield and had a blast doing it, which NEVER happens when we go shopping together! Usually T.J. is completely over it and ready to go home in an hour, but he hung in there:)

After all that shopping, we came home, grilled some burgers, and watched Twilight. Oh, on a side note, we made BBQ burgers. We put pepper jack cheese on them and then some BBQ sauce from Jack Stack BBQ in KC. They were so good. But, while I was making mine all up, I grabbed the BBQ sauce and was going to shake it up before I put it on my burger. I did the two-hand-grab-the-bottle-and-give-it-hell kind of shake. After the second shake, the lid goes flying off and BBQ sauce went all over the kitchen. Apparently T.J. had used it and thought he was being nice by setting the cap on top and leaving it unscrewed for my convenience. It was pretty funny!

This morning we woke up and went for a run. That's right...a run. It has been a long time since I have been outside running, and it was the best day to start back up. We ran two miles. I am really proud of T.J. for doing it too. He is active, but just not much of a runner. This was kind of a test to see if he was really up for a marathon or not. He hasn't decided. I'll let you know when he does!

After running and tanning, we went and ate at El J's. It was, of course, delicious. We were going to go see a movie and decided to just come home. I have a job to read through, and T.J. needs to get some quality time in with his Xbox.
Pin It!

No comments: