Monday, January 26, 2009
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You must tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. I started dating my husband, T.J., when I was 14.
2. I think shih-tzu dogs are the best. If grooming and yearly shots weren't so much, I could have a few more! I do want a big dog someday, though.
3. I want to adopt my next dog from an animal shelter.
4. Before I'm 30 I want to have my own baby and/or adopt a baby.
5. I would like to be a foster parent.
6. I love my job!
7. I ran a half marathon the fall of '07. I want to run a full marathon in the next couple years.
8. In March my sister, Keriann, is coming for a visit, and we are going to chop our hair off and donate it.
9. I have one sister, two half brothers (and another on the way), and a step brother & sister.
10. I am addicted to eBay.
11. I bite my nails -- nasty habit. I hate it!!
12. I love Harry Potter & Twilight!
13. My first job was as a telemarketer & I lasted two weeks.
14. My first car was a Plymouth Reliant. Before I got rid of it, it would leak water out on my feet.
15. I love to dance! I am always dancing around the house for T.J. or any other member of my immediate family.
16. I graduated in 2000 with a class of 26. Most of which I went K-12 with.
17. I would like to take photography, sewing, cooking, guitar classes.
18. My husband makes me laugh, smile & feel loved everyday.
19. I LOVE to travel and hope to go on at least three vacations this year -- Vegas, Colorado & Sandusky, OH on the lake. I would like to go to NYC and back to Sweden for a visit before I have kids.
20. I talk to my mom everyday on the phone -- probably at least three times a day!
21. I love my childhood & college friends. I also enjoy meeting new people and making new friends.
22. I want to ride RAGBRAI in its entirety.
23. I love playing games.
24. I have been told that my sister looks older than me -- ha! I am 6 years older than her. It used to bother me, but the older I get, the more I don't mind hearing that!
25. When we retire, TJ and I are going to buy an RV and cruise the US & Canada!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Now we are just hanging out and relaxing. Tomorrow we are going to run to Wal-Mart. T.J. wants to wash his car. I am going to start working on my crummy video depo from Friday. Sounds like a crazy day for us!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
This is one of my favorite parts of his speech:
"That we are in the midst of crisis is now well understood. Our nation is at war, against a far-reaching network of violence and hatred. Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. Homes have been lost; jobs shed; businesses shuttered. Our health care is too costly; our schools fail too many; and each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries and threaten our planet."
And then later this part:
"For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus — and non-believers. We are shaped by every language and culture, drawn from every end of this Earth; and because we have tasted the bitter swill of civil war and segregation, and emerged from that dark chapter stronger and more united, we cannot help but believe that the old hatreds shall someday pass; that the lines of tribe shall soon dissolve; that as the world grows smaller, our common humanity shall reveal itself; and that America must play its role in ushering in a new era of peace."
I will pray for our new president. He has a big task ahead of him as he begins leading our forlorn country.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday I woke up on the couch. I had moved there around 4 in the morning b/c I just couldn't get comfortable in bed. I spent most of my day on the couch being a pile of mush. My muscles hurt! Especially my back. I had headaches all day too. What a crummy way to spend your weekend; huh?!?!
Today I feel MUCH better! I slept a good 12 hours last night, and I think I really needed that. Hopefully T.J. doesn't get it!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Dawn (Michelle's sister), Michelle & Jade
I keep forgetting to add some pictures of my wedding band addition. Her are some pictures. First of all, hand pictures are hard to take by yourself. Secondly, please don't mind my super short fingernails. Just look at the ring:)
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Also, I have been really into thrift/flea market/eBay/antique shopping lately. Last Friday I hit up an antique store here in town, then I headed to Goodwill Outlet. Now, I will tell you that I thought I was just going into a big Goodwill or something...oh, was I mistaken! When you walk in, you see these big blue bins lined up like this:
But then you also see this:There were people with carts full of stuff. And people digging like crazy through these bins. I was a little shocked since I had expected to find racks and hangers. I decided to look through the book bin and see if I could find anything. I was halfway through looking at half a dozen blue bins on a wall when I noticed that all these people were in my way. They had their carts lined up against the bins I wanted to look at and were patiently waiting for something...I just didn't know what. Then all of a sudden there was a bang -- a blue bin hitting swinging double doors.
The workers were bringing out new bins. They replaced the old bins with the new ones and the people were sorting through like there was $100 bills in there. Most of the men were wearing gloves. They were throwing stuff out of their way or grabbing whatever prize they found and stowing it in their cart. I am pretty sure I stood their with my mouth hanging open for a good 30 seconds. It was just so crazy. People digging through junk like they were digging for gold. I wouldn't be surprised if people get in fist-fights there!
When another row of bins came out, all the people shifted over there. I was standing next to a nice old man and I told him I had never been here and didn't know what to expect. He said that every 2 hours they change the bins. Whatever is left in the bins after two hours gets sold off to the Salvation Army or sent overseas. He also said that the stuff in the bins gets weighed and that's how you pay for what you find...besides books and furniture. He told me that most people wear gloves b/c it can be dirty and glass stuff gets broken, so I should be careful! I wandered around a little. I mostly just stood by the people that were power digging and looked to see if there was anything I wanted. I ended up buying half a dozen books. Softback books were a quarter and 50 cents for hardback -- what a steal! I do want to go back sometime now that I know what to expect. Maybe on my next day off. It would be fun to go with someone, but I know there is no way I could ever drag T.J. there with me:)
Monday, January 5, 2009
I started feeling like I was getting a cold on Friday. Saturday T.J. and I did some shopping, ate at Friends Tavern in Zionsville, then cruised around. Later that night we went grocery shopping, which is when my cold really set in. I was exhausted after walking around Wal-Mart! On Sunday we stayed home all day. I tried to relax so I can get better. T.J. took the dogs out every time -- thanks, T.J.!!
We had such a good time seeing everyone over the holiday, but we are really looking forward to getting back into our normal routine!