Ben had on this shirt and M&J got one for T.J. Twins!!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Ben had on this shirt and M&J got one for T.J. Twins!!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
- Ate at my favorite local restaurant, Ocean Zen.
- Chatted at Metro over drinks.
- Went to the Dixie Stampede in Branson. It was their Christmas show and the nativity scene was amazing with all kinds of animals, even camels.
- Went for a walk with the dogs through the hilly neighborhood that R&A live in. Let's just say me and my dogs are pretty out of shape!
- Saw Iowa lose...enough said.
- Made the most out of watching UFC and boxing.
- Talked lots and lots.
- Said lots of cheers and toasts to the Wassons!
- Got a cute picture of the dogs sleeping together in the car.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
- working out
- listening to Chelsea Handler's "Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" (if you haven't read or listened to it yet, you should!! She is hilarious. I almost had Pepsi coming out my nose this afternoon on my drive home from my job.)
And that's about it. Nothing too much exciting to blog about this week. We have been working on trying to schedule out our time when we are back for Thanksgiving. It will be so fun to see everyone. I wish we had a little more time to really see EVERYONE:)
This weekend we are heading out of town to see Roger & Abby. As far as I know, they haven't passed court yet. It has been so frustrating and trying for them. It will all be worth it when they have Ari home, though!! I am really looking forward to the Dixie Stampede, Trops, Ocean Zen's eggrolls, and whatever else Springfield has to throw our way!
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
The book club was small but mighty -- Natasha, Johnine, and me. For next month we are reading The Lovely Bones. For our meeting, we are going to go and watch the movie.
I have been on a serious audio book kick lately. I LOVE audio books! If you haven't tried them, you definitely should consider it! In the last two weeks, I have listened to "The Glass Castle"; "Love the One You're With"; "Good Dog, Stay"; and am now on "Are you There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea." I definitely got some quality book time in with all my traveling yesterday, but it makes the drive go so fast!!
Today I had some errands to run: get new license (see below), oil change (which turned out to be much more than just an oil change...), get dogs their new IDs (see below the other below), and bought our Bingo seats for Sunday at the Eagles. So let's stick with that for just a minute. On Sunday at 2 there is going to be a larger than life bingo session. We have five seats reserved for us, the Reillys, and Lydia. You have to pay $50 ahead of time to reserve your seat. All the games are worth more than usual. On some of the extra games you can win $1,500!!! Then for the mother load of all bingo games, there is the $10,000 game at the end. Weeee, that would be so crazy to win! So, if everyone could send good thoughts my way on Sunday, maybe it will help me win some money to put down on a new car.
Which brings me back to the oil change -- $30. I go in for a regular oil change and ask them to check my brakes b/c they have been squeaking. They tell me it's the brake pads rubbing against my rotors -- $77 to fix. Okay. No big deal. Your air filter is dirty and needs a new one -- $20. Okay. No problem-o. Then Troy has the nerve to tell me how my axel boot is cracked and leaking, a problem that you can't fix but to buy a new boot -- $300. Front stabilizer links loose and popping -- $225. Serp belt cracked -- $95.
I take a deep breath and say to change the oil, grind the rotors, and get a new air filter. I decided the rest can wait and I can decide when I want to do it. So I sit back down and listen to "Are you There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea," when a mechanic comes over. I instantly go into panick mode. I figure when the mechanic comes to talk to you, it's all over. Luckily, I just needed some new brake clip/hardware things to hold the pads on. So go ahead and tack on another $20. So, 2 hours and $150 later, I head for home dreaming of a new shiny Honda Accord:)
Indiana recently passed a law that you can no longer smile on your driver's license. You can grin -- no teeth, though! I suck at no smile pictures!!! It's just not in the cards for me. I really can't take a good straight face, serious picture. Believe me, I've tried! Keriann and I have taken countless serious pictures and hated each and everyone of them. So this is what I ended up with:
Believe me, it's much better than I thought it was going to be, but still pretty scary. Do you notice my scrawl of a signature? I was so worried about my picture that I signed the pad thing like I was in a check out at Target, in a hurry b/c I am late for an appointment, and did it as fast as I could. Note to self: next time try to write a little nicer for crying out loud!!
The dogs also got their new IDs today. They have a new laser engraver at PetSmart that is really cool.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
I am grateful for:
11. Audio books to listen to in the car! I am loving driving these days because time flies when I am engulfed in a good book.
12. This post by Joy's Hope. I just linked to this blog the other day with the funny baby thing...well, she did it again. I have seen these type of picture things before, but T.J. and I got a good laugh out of these tonight!
13. Our digital recorder. I love being able to tape shows and fast forward through commercials and boring parts.
14. Braces. For those of you who remember, I had a crazy grill when I was young. Thank goodness for expanders and braces and retainers!!! So worth it.
15. Contacts. My glasses drive me crazy! Since I am so blind, I am super grateful for contacts!!
16. Crab ragoon. They are a new love of mine. I used to think they were so gross and now I crave them. Actually, I was really craving some for supper tonight. Then I found out T.J. was too. Maybe we will get them for dinner tomorrow:)
17. Our country and the men and women who fight for our freedom and pay the ultimate sacrifice. I am also grateful for their families who have to live without their loved ones for so long while they are away. I am proud to be an American!!
18. My heat pad. I have a heat pad I leave on my office chair. It makes me (and my back) very happy!
19. Chiropractors. I love getting my back adjusted. I go every two weeks, even if I am not too sore or need it yet. Because if I wait or put it off, I will get a headache or back ache.
20. Digital cameras. It's so nice being able to pick and choose pictures, not having to print all of them off. Also, I love putting pictures on blogs, e-mails, facebook, twitter, etc.
Monday, November 2, 2009
So I decided to make a gratitude list. A few of my friends have made these and I am inspired:)
Here goes...I am grateful for:
- my health.
- my best friend, T.J. Life wouldn't be half as fun without him by my side.
- my family. I am grateful for each and every one of you!
- my friends. I am so lucky to have great gal pals that I can always count on!
- my job. I love my job. It is great getting up everyday knowing that I am doing what I love.
- my dogs. Every time I come home, they are happy to see me. They are awesome snugglers. I think we will always have a dog. They are soul soothers. Love my pups!
- my wealth. Not meaning I am rich, but I am grateful for the money we do have/make. I am grateful for the security that we have in life...a roof over our head, cars to drive, running water, electricity, new winter coats, washer and dryer in our home, etc.
- the changing seasons. When I was a teenager, I decided I didn't like winter and wanted to live somewhere warm. Now I am able to truly see the beauty in the seasons.
- the Internet. I don't know if I would be able to live this far away from Iowa and all our family and friends if it wasn't for the Internet and the closeness it brings. I don't feel like I am quite so far away when I can keep up with you all on e-mail, facebook, and blogs!
- Pepsi. This may seem strange to have this far up on my gratitude list, but I do love Pepsi. I drink one a day, although some days I have to really hold myself back from having two. I allow myself one a day and that's it:)
Sunday, November 1, 2009
The plan was to be vampire pirates, but the teeth wouldn't stay in.
We had a good time trying to put them in at the restaurant we ate at, though!
We got a group shot in front of the donkey at the restaurant:)
Brett had a great costume!!
This is me, Tawnia, Beth, Ellen & Natasha.
It was so fun to hang out with Tawnia and her friends!