Monday, May 31, 2010

Nursery: From Primed White to Yellow

The first thing Mom and I did Saturday morning was paint the nursery. It only took one coat of the yellow and turned out so pretty! We got a different light for the nursery the last time we were at Ikea, so T.J. got that hung. The old light that was there left a ring, so mom painted a yellow circle from the ring outline. I am going to do some embellishing to it, but haven't had a chance to do that yet. In this picture, mom is painting the ceiling and T.J. is staining the window valance boxes that Scott made.

I wanted to bring more red into the room so the dresser wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. Ikea sells red stain that matches the dresser, so we picked some of that up a while ago in anticipation of making these boxes.

When I bought the bedding, it was on sale pretty cheap, so went ahead and bought all of what they had. So I have a couple of bed skirts, bumpers, etc. I knew I would use the fabric, so I went ahead and bought them up. I wanted to give the window valances a little pick-me-up, so we used one of the bed skirts to make a little trim for them.

The view from the hallway:

T.J. and I go into the nursery multiple times a day and just say how much we like it. I can't wait to hopefully get the crib this week! Then we can get it put together and have it actually start looking like a nursery in there.
I have to say a huge thanks to MOM and SCOTT for all of their hard work!!!! There is no way we could have gotten all of this done without you! We really appreciate you coming out over your long weekend and helping us out so much!
Posted by Picasa
Pin It!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

So far so cute, Kaylan!!! I like the red, such a happy, bright color for a baby's room. Bet you're getting excited to have the baby. Not long to go, right???

Jon and Jennifer said...

Look great!! And wow you guys had a busy weekend but it sounds like you got a lot done, that's great!!

Kyli and Ben said...

So adorable! Enjoy the rest of your preparations!

Betsy said...

Wow, you must have lots of energy to get all that done, Kaylan! I'm getting tired just reading about it! The nursery looks so great--I can't wait to see it all finished! That's the exact red dresser that we almost bought at Ikea for Shep's nursery, until we found a different one.