Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cankles

First of all, I am embarrassed to post this picture, but feel I need to to document this pregnancy accurately. Yesterday we got up at 7, set up garage sale, cleaned garage out, drove 2 hours, shopped Ikea, drove 2 hours back, shopped Wal-Mart. It was exhausting! Needless to say, my feet were the things hurting/bothering me the worse! By the time we got home from Wal-Mart, my toes were numb and tingling.
As you can see from the picture, my flip flops were so tight they left marks. I had to wear flip flops because I tried to put my tennis shoes on before leaving for Ikea and could barely get my foot in the shoe, let alone lace them up. My shoes looked like they were going to explode:)

This morning I woke up and they were still pretty swollen. We cleaned the house and put furniture together all day until about 3, then I showered and have had my feet up since then. Oh, the joys of being pregnant:)

Pin It!

5 comments:

The Bormann Family said...

OH MY!! That looks painful.

Libby said...

Holy cow, your poor feet! Ouch.

Beth said...

Too funny!!! That is exactly what my feet/ankles looked like after I had the kids--not sure but it may have been the pittosin (sp?) or the fluids or something--anyway they looked and felt like they were going to pop and Wade kept cracking jokes about them (surprise, surprise), but they were fine the next day. Glad to hear your sale was a success!

Rachel H said...

Oh my, does this pic bring back memories :) I remember ever thinking if I'd find my ankles again! One piece of advice I do want to give though...wear supportive shoes. Even if you have to go get a (much bigger) pair. I wore flat Target brand flip flops during the last couple months of my pregnancy and for about a year after he was born had plantar fascitis where your feet/heels hurt really bad especially getting out of bed. You don't want that when you have to get up with McBaby! Just thought I'd share :) BTW I used to love to stick my finger into my ankles and see how far I could push them fluid in :)

Laura @ TheMeckleys said...

I am right there with you sister! Flintstone feet & cankles. Only I was not brave enough to even TAKE photos, let alone post them! =) I bought new sandals (1/2 size larger than usual) once already and those no longer fit. 5 more weeks for me...I refuse to buy more shoes!