Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wish List Wednesday

Today's edition of Wish List Wednesday is going to be a little different. My wish today is for some of the things on my to-do list to go away. It seems like as soon as I check one thing off, two more go on. One step forward, two steps back.

As you can see from the picture below, our garage is still a disaster. We are going to have a garage sale in a couple weeks. First on the list, price the stuff. Second on the list, sell most of it (I hope!). Third, what doesn't sell, take to Goodwill. Next up on the wish list, to get our corn hole boards painted. Keriann & Derrick gave these to T.J. last year for his birthday. I primed them, but never got the fancy painting done.
Sew the bags for said corn hole game. The fabric is all ready to go (as it has been since last fall), I just need to sew them up!

Finish up this sewing project for a friend. I have the pieces cut, but am a little scared to take that first big step and sew. It's jersey cotton and I'm worried that it's not going to go through the machine well and I'll ruin the fabric. I am going to dive in, though!

Print the address labels for McBaby's birth announcements. I know I'm a little ahead of myself, but I figured it can't hurt to have some of this easy stuff ready to go. Then when we get home, I can whip up the announcements themselves and get them mailed out.
These birds... Any ideas? I took them off the dumb branches that they liked to hang upside down from. I think they are so cute and want to use them in the nursery, but am not sure how.
Stuff and sew up these 8 sock monkeys. They are all sewn and ready to go. I got a little burnt out on them a few months ago, but I had since bought some cute socks and couldn't help myself.
There is a much longer list, but that's all that I will bore you with right now. Now I am off to get busy on some of this!

Pin It!

2 comments:

jill said...

not sure if you want to make tons of money on the garage sale stuff or make a bit and get rid of it. just had one this past weekend and marked the big stuff and made a sign that said "make a deal. reasonable prices considered". we made some good money and we got rid of a lot.
for the birds: not sure what you did before, but could you use fishing line and put a piece through the head,a piece through the tail, tie them together, add another that would meet in the middle and hang from that...sorta an upside down Y...?

Beth said...

Good luck on everything! Way to go on getting the announcement stuff done. It's great to be that organized so you can just relax when McBaby arrives! Show an after pic of the jersey project-can't wait to see it!