Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Long Way Gone

I just finished this book the other day.  It was a very tragic story, and I was pulled in immediately.  It has some very violent parts.  And while listening to the violent parts, I actually got a little nauseous.  And I don't have a weak stomach at all. 

I really enjoy reading the memoirs based in other countries because I feel like I learn so much about their geography and culture.  I just started A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, and so far it's really good too.  I am flying through the books lately.  It helps that I have my new handy little player so I can plug my phone in and play the book while getting ready in the morning.  Then I always listen when I am driving in the car alone. 

I have a few books lined up, but I am always taking suggestions, so send them my way if you have them!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Kaylan, I read both "A Thousand Spendid Suns" and "The Kite Runner". Both are fantastic books. We're leaving for Tucson in the A.M. and I'm bringing "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo". Hope it's good. Merry Christmas!!!

Libby said...

That is a very intense book! :(