Sunday, December 19, 2010

Three posts in one day? Yep, it's a Christmas miracle!

I just wanted to update you on what's been going on here.  We finally got our Christmas cards mailed out!  We took some pictures last weekend but weren't completely happy with them.  Then I got another idea and we went for it.  I sewed up a little prop this morning, designed the card this afternoon, then printed them at the one hour thing at Wal-Mart.  How nice is that?  Then I printed labels and T.J. has been working on getting them all put together.  It was definitely a team effort, and they are going out just in the nick of time!  I will post the pics on Christmas.  I don't want to ruin the card:)

Also, some of us have been bitten by the jolly bug.  It's been known in the past that we are a couple of Scrooges...BUT this year we are turning over a new leaf.  For example, every time T.J. walks by the tree, he mentions how much he loves it.  I don't think he has ever said anything about our tree before.  Another example?  T.J. and I bought gifts for each other this year.  We used to go crazy on each other at Christmas, but then stopped.  We have bought gifts in recent years, but it's just one or two, nothing too crazy.  It's fun to get in the spirit again!

Next I wanted to give a shout out to my hubs, T.J.!  He is taking this stay-at-home dad thing very seriously, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate all he does.  I have been trying to stay on top of work so I don't have much out for the holidays, and he has been taking care of all the household chores so I can focus on that.  Ever since he started staying home he feeds Miles most of the time, he gets up with him in the night (*see below), does the laundry, and has started doing most the grocery shopping on his own.  But then this week he started making dinner!!  He made us breakfast for supper, a frozen casserole(just had to heat it), sloppy Joe DiMaggios (made from a recipe!), and homemade pizza tonight.  It's AWESOME!

*I forgot to mention when this first happened.  But when it did, it was heaven on earth.  "What is it?" you must be wondering...well, Miles now sleeps through the night!  We put him down around 8 on his side.  We put him on his tummy when we go to sleep.  Then he sometimes wakes up once and just needs his pacifier.  But sometimes he sleeps until 7 or 8.  Ahhhmazing!

Also, I wanted to pass on the word that our friends Robert and Angel had their baby girl, Lexi Ann, 14 weeks early.  They started a blog so you could follow along with everything and keep little Lexi in your thoughts and prayers.  Hopefully she will just get stronger and stronger every day and be home with her family soon.
Pin It!

No comments: