Monday, April 26, 2010
This Friday is our ultrasound appointment. We can't wait to see the baby!! I also am really excited because T.J. hasn't met our new doctor yet.
There are a lot of older people in our neighborhood and a lot of them that go on walks during the day. I am noticing quite a few families out with kids and dogs now that it's evening. This keeps the dogs busy on their "neighborhood watch."
T.J. came home for lunch today and said that my desk already looks like "normal." I asked what that meant, and he said because it's so messy already. It's not THAT messy, is it?
Tomorrow I plan on posting some pictures of the house in it's crazy, messy, ugly state. Then when we get all organized and cleaned up and decorated, I will post new pictures to show the transformation.
One last story...my mom asked me today if we have met any of the neighbors. We haven't. The rain yesterday probably kept everyone inside. But it didn't mean they weren't curious. As we were moving stuff in, I came out of the house and looked at the house across the street only to see a man standing in a bedroom window of his house looking out at us. Then I looked away and looked back and he was gone. Welcome to the neighborhood! :)
Friday, April 23, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Tomorrow I leave for St. Louis, get all educated, then come back to hopefully all the furniture moved to our new house. Keith is awesome for coming over to help us out!!! Natasha and I should get back late on Saturday. On Sunday T.J. and I are going to finish moving most of our stuff over. Then this next week we will need to come over and clean and get anything remaining at our old house.
Mom and Scott are coming out Wednesday and will be a huge help in unpacking and getting organized and settled. I am ready to be in and done and get in a normal routine again!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
A couple weeks ago I lost this precious ticket. I was so bummed because it was a short depo. A depo at a hospital, where parking is cheaper than at some of the other downtown parking garages. I was excited to see that parking wasn't going to cost me a large amount for the day -- $2.50.
I got in the car and realized I couldn't find the ticket. Where could the stupid ticket have gone? I got out of my car, searched it, dumped my purse, and found nothing. So I go to the cashier, tell her as innocently as I can that I lost my ticket and have only been there for two hours. It doesn't matter. If you lose a ticket, you have to pay the full price. Damn the $9.00/day hospital parking. I don't know why I am complaining because I park in way more expensive garages, but it still sucks!
So what turns up the other day when I pull my prenatal vitamin sample box out of my purse so I can ask my OB-GYN to call in a prescription? The parking ticket. The stupid pink parking ticket that was in my purse tucked securely in the box the whole time.
Another instance is in high school when I was a wrestling cheerleader. It only happened twice and I never knew what it was, but I think I was allergic to the cleaner they were using on the mats. About halfway through the Saturday meet, I would get an itchy spot on my face and around my eyes. When I went to the bathroom to look, I had a welt looking thing that itched. Then it would be gone in a day or two. It was weird but no big deal.
Then there's yesterday. So we use this tube of Clean and Clear to prevent any little breakouts. It was running low and I had this one on hand. I used to use it in high school and college, so I didn't think anything of it. I rubbed it on yesterday morning after my shower and went about my day. At my job yesterday I noticed my ear lobes itching and my eyes, but nothing major.
When I got home, I washed my face and put more of the Persa-Gel one on and went about my evening. My face was itching more and more and my eyes and ear lobes. Now realizing what was happening, I washed it all off and hoped that it would GO AWAY! I woke up a few times throughout the night because I would roll over and my ear lobe would rub on my pillow case and actually hurt. Or I would wake up and be itching my face because I was dreaming of itching the itch. It was terrible!
So first thing this morning I checked my "safe" list from the doctor's office and hydrocortisone cream is one there. I put some of that on and went to the gym, trying hard not to look at anyone. The swelling did go down from the time I got up until the time I got back. I showered and put more hydrocortisone cream on. It feels so good to put it on because it takes the itch out. I have a job this afternoon and am worried about looking super gross, so I hope my makeup can cover most of this up without irritating it too bad!
I had to take the dogs to the groomer and she said I looked like I was "glowing." I corrected her and said that it was an allergic reaction, not a nice bit of sun that I wish I had got or some great pregnancy thing. From the bottom of my eyes (where I have some good bags) over to my ear lobes and then down to the top of my mouth is where it's the worse. It itches so bad and is pretty red.
I am chalking this up to being a weird pregnancy symptom. If I have used the stuff before with no other reaction and now use it and have one, it has to be; right? I just hope it's that stuff and not something else that I can't figure out! AND I hope it goes away fast!!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
We are going to wait a little while and save up some more moola before taking the plunge, but I feel so much better knowing what we want. We have been looking everywhere for a dining set and haven't found anything we really like.
On the top of our list still to find? A king mattress set, a chair for the living room, and a crib.
Friday, April 16, 2010
- I just finished listening to The Last Song and right before that Dear John. Now I want to see both movies. I must say, though, neither book was what I expected and a little disappointing. I am not sure if I am much of a Nicholas Sparks fan.
- Next I am going to start The Host by Stephanie Meyer.
- Tomorrow T.J. and I are heading over to Cincinnati to go to Ikea and Jungle Jim's. I think we maybe want to get our baby furniture at Ikea, so I am excited for that. Jungle Jim's is a gigantic grocery store that we have heard a lot about, so we want to go and check out.
- I did really good working out the beginning of this week. T.J. did well ALL week. I kind of fell off the wagon when I had a couple of all-day jobs Thursday and Friday. Oh, well. I will start back up again on Monday:)
- Speaking of my job...being a court reporter has really spoiled me. This morning my deposition started at 8:00 a.m. A depo starting before 9:00 a.m. should be banned. The traffic is horrible, half the people are late getting there, and everyone was hungry for lunch at 11:00 a.m. but we worked until noon anyways. I used to be a crazy morning person. 5:30 a.m. workouts all through college (what was I thinking?!) But now I am conditioned to sleeping later. That will all change soon enough; huh?
- It has been hot here in Indiana with some days in the mid 80s, but this weekend we are supposed to have highs in the 60s. I am looking forward to some cooler days already! I have a feeling if anyone is going to hang out with me this summer, it will be wherever the air conditioning is!
- Next weekend we will begin our move. T.J. and Keith are going to start Saturday with the big furniture that I can't handle now that I have a "bun in the oven." :) Hopefully on Sunday T.J. and I can get pretty much everything else over to our house. Mom and Scott are coming sometime that last week of April to help us get all organized and clean up at the old house.
- The first major things to do at/for the new house, in no particular order: order couch from Pier 1, put up fence, get big tree trimmed that's touching roof, get a king bed. Oh, a king bed... Maybe that is first on my list! Since being pregnant and introducing the body pillow into my life, the queen bed just doesn't have enough room for T.J., me, and the body pillow. Something's gotta give!
- I'm not feeling any baby movement yet. Every once in a while I wonder if what I am feeling is really the baby, but I just chalk it up to gas. Ha!
- Who reading this blog watches Modern Family? If you do, it's soooo funny, isn't it? If you don't watch it, what are you thinking and why not? Our favorite characters are the gay couple. They make us laugh so hard we cry sometimes.
- Do you feel like this is the blog post that doesn't end? I think I could go on like this forever. Do you get the sense that I have been in a room writing down what everyone else is saying for the last two days and finished listening to The Last Song in my free time? It's like I haven't talked to anyone in days even though I have. I am such a blabber mouth tonight. T.J. will love that when he gets home:)
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
This morning we started a new workout and eating routine. I rode the bike for 45 minutes and lifted some light weights. Oh, not to mention my sit ups and back exercises. Here's to a good week of working out!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
In other news, I forgot to mention my appointment on Friday. It was a routine appointment. I was so relieved to hear that everything was good! My next appointment is the last Friday in April and T.J. gets to go with me in the morning for the ultrasound. I can't wait!
Now it's time to watch True Blood. I am sure I will have crazy dreams tonight!
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
I took a video on my phone but it was too big to e-mail to myself, so I uploaded it to YouTube. They are doing away with the YouTube to Blogger business, so I have a link for you instead. Click HERE to check it out.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
After seeing Courtney's and Kyli's belly buttons this last weekend, I realized this isn't the end of the belly button drama. Courtney's is about to become an outie. Kyli just looks like she doesn't have one. It's weird how your belly button will come back after the baby is born. It will come back; right?
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
My next doctor's appointment is Friday. Then I think the next one should be an ultrasound, which I am super excited for.
This weekend we are going to go and see Date Night. I love both Steve Carell and Tina Faye and think they are so funny.
Other than these little bits of news, I really don't have much new to write about. Maybe tomorrow will be more exciting.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
I would show you what they look like on, but I took a second shower since it was so hot here today. Record breaking temps of 83 degrees today. So let's just say the pics would be scary if I took a pic of them on now!
Monday, April 5, 2010
I know what some of you must be thinking...wow, what a sweet phone cover. I finally got my iPhone a new cover since the other one was falling apart:)
I flew in Thursday around lunchtime. Keriann picked me up at the airport and then we headed over to C.J.'s Bagels to meet Courtney and Jessi for lunch. I was so happy that I was able to squeeze a little C.J.'s in while I was back! I had my regular turkey bagelwich, even though I probably shouldn't have. It was so good, though!
That afternoon we made a couple stops and then went to Courtney's to hang out. We rolled diapers for the diaper cake. I did feel a little bad that Courtney was helping to roll the diapers for her own diaper cake, but she didn't mind:)
We had dinner plans that night, so Keriann and I met Matt, Becky, Mom, Scott, Brandon and Amber at Chips for dinner. It was so good. Ever since I have been pregnant, I have been craving Chips. I wish I could have them again. They sound good right now!!
Friday Courtney, Keriann, Mom & I did some running around. First we went to Iowa Diamond to get my ring cleaned and Court's got the full polish treatment. Then we went to Suite Dreams to see the furniture that Brett & Courtney got for their nursery. It was fun to look around that store and get lots of cute ideas! Then we headed out to Jordan Creek to Gap Maternity.
I actually didn't get anything at Gap Maternity, but I cashed in at the regular Gap. So many of the shirts are extra stretchy and I can wear them with my ever-growing bump AND they were on sale! Wahoo. We got a little Cold Stone Creamery before heading back to Court's for a little down time. I get worn out so easy and it was nice to hang out for a couple hours and rest.
Then we had plans that night to meet up with some of my good friends I grew up with at Georgio's Pizza in Colfax. Angie wasn't able to make it because Payton had bronchitis(poor baby!) but we were able to see Sara & Kristy, which was sooo fun to catch up!!
I was going to take lots of pictures this weekend, but I really stunk at it. I have gotten out of the mode of taking pictures since my camera broke. I did take a few at dinner, though. Here is Bri, Kristy, Mike, Sara & Dane.
Dane, Me, Jill, Courtney & Keriann:
Friday, April 2, 2010
While out shopping we saw this pile of snow in a parking lot. The high yesterday was in the 80s! It was crazy!!