Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Glass Etching

I keep forgetting to blog about this, but I have been meaning to for a while.  We got T.J.'s dad some glasses for Christmas.  While they were nice, we thought they were a bit plain.  So I did a little etching to spruce them up.  It was really easy.  First I just printed off a graphic that I wanted to have on the glass.  I cut that out, then traced it onto some contact paper.  Then you put the contact paper on the glasses like this:
There is special glass etching stuff you can get at Hobby Lobby or any craft store.  I painted that on the glass part.  You have to let it sit for a few minutes.  Then you just wash it off and voila!
I made a Yankees emblem, an M for McCord, a Hawkeye, and a Chicago Bears emblem.
Here is a close up of the Yankee one.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love these! Will definitely be trying them out soon!