Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Homemade Baby Food & Ice Storm

This past weekend Keriann & I made some homemade baby food for Miles.  It was super easy and fun to make.  I followed the book Top 100 Baby Purees by Annable Karmel and advice from Abby.  We made carrots, sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes and broccoli, squash, peas, green beans, apples, and pears.  All you have to do is cook them up, puree them, and freeze them in ice cube trays.  Once frozen, put in labeled Ziploc bags.  Then when it's time to eat them, you pull out a cube or two and warm them up.  Voila!  Delicious homemade baby food for Miles:)

Our little helper.
The food freezing in the ice cube trays.
The food in the baggies.
Close up of the bag.
So far Miles has had carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, apples, bananas & prunes.

Now on to the ice storm.  The rain started yesterday with lots of freezing and ice.  I pulled my car up under the overhang of the house, so luckily we could get into my car okay this morning.  T.J., Keriann & Derrick's cars are frozen shut.  I had a job at the office this morning and downtown was like a ghost town.  I didn't have any trouble driving, though, which was a relief.  We got more rain/sleet/snow this afternoon and evening.  I just hope the power stays on!  I am worried about keeping warm if it doesn't.

Last night while Miles was having some naked time, he found his toes!
Tonight Miles snuck in a little catnap.  Love snuggling with him!
Pin It!

No comments: