Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thrifty Day and a Movie

I decided to look on Craigslist today for a dining room table and chairs.  I don't look on Craigslist often, but every once in a while I get a wild hair and do.  Well, today I found a nice set that I like in Plainfield.  I kept thinking about it and talking about it, so I just decided to run real quick and look at it.  It's for sale at a consignment shop in town. 

For starters, I would definitely recover the cushion.  The finish on it all is actually pretty good.  If it wasn't I was considering paint because I have seen lots of bloggers that do that, but I don't know how good it would hold up on a kitchen table.

So anyway, I ran and looked and liked it.  I don't gotta have it, absolutely love it or anything.  We'll see if it comes down in price anymore.  It has a clearance sticker on it, so I think I'll ride it out and see if it goes lower.

Here is a pic for your viewing pleasure.

So after stopping there I had the itch for cheap furniture.  So I decided to bop on over to Goodwill.  Although there wasn't any furniture, I did find some good steals!  I scored all these goodies for $5.45!
I got a glitter Easter egg kit, some eggs, a Fisher Price mailbox, a shovel, a rake, and a turtle toy.

I have been wanting to get one of these mailboxes because I think they are so cute, but they are about $30.  I got this one for $.99!  Score!  It is missing the little letters and package, but I think I will just make some out of felt for Miles to play with.  They do sell replacement ones, so I may go that route.  We'll see.

I hardly ever go to Goodwill just because of lack of time.  I have to be in the mood to dig around and search for things.  I am thinking I might have to go more often, though, after my good deals!  Oh, note to self, Saturday is half off EVERYTHING day at Goodwill, so I might have to get up bright and early and go shopping with all the crazies.  Miles totally got the hook up today!  Holla!

And lastly, and most importantly, Mr. Miles sitting up!  He is getting pretty darn good at it too.  He can bend over and get something and sit up on his own.  He still topples over on either side or back, but luckily he doesn't do the throw himself back.  We like to put him in this thing with his toys all around.  Then if he falls, it kind of catches him.


PS -- His jammies I went to put on him tonight were a little small, so I moved up a size.  He is now in 12 month sleepers.  *sigh*
Pin It!

1 comment:

Kyli and Ben said...

We have the mailbox too! Just wait...your going to have "When your up, your up, and when your down, your down" in you head non stop! Enjoy! :)