Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend Decorating!

Let me start off this post by showing you a first for Miles today.
He had some juice and water in a sippy cup!  He did so good, just laid back and drank it.  The concept of tilting his head back to get the drink out isn't quite there, but at least he didn't mind drinking out of it.  I am really looking forward to just using sippy cups.  When did you have your babies switched over to a sippy cup?

Okay.  Now on to what I've been doing all weekend.  Michael's had their canvasses marked down 50% off and then I had a 20% off everything coupon.  I got some great deals for a few projects I've been wanting to do.

Here's some of what I've been working on.
The M pic was a gift given to Miles from Jill.  It's so cute and I LOVE it!  I wanted to have another picture to hang by it in Miles' room, so I made the little elephant one above it to match.  The little foot and hand print frames I got at a garage sale for cheap.  They were pastel colors, so I covered them with scrapbook paper to match Miles' room.  The Iowa and hearts pictures are for our bedroom.  I am planning on doing a picture wall eventually.  It's a work in progress.  The home picture is for our living room bookcase.

Here is a closeup of the hearts picture.  I painted a white canvas with a cream color, then painted it black.  Once it was dry, I sanded it down to give it the distressed look.  I had a heart punch and punched out the hearts.  I stuck them on with the sticky dots things so they are 3D.  It was so easy!

The elephant picture was the same way.  I taped off the middle, painted it cream, then taped off the outside, and painted it black.  Then I just painted some squiggly lines around the border.  The elephants were punched out using a scrapbook punch.  I stuck them on with the dots things.  Then I did the same white border on the side as the M picture has.  Keriann painted the Iowa picture.  We loved the white on the border, so we did that too.

Here you can see the white on the sides.

I made this home picture.  It took me a while to paint the letters, but I got it done.  I painted it, then sanded it.  In this picture it has been sanded.  It's hard to tell, though.

Then in this picture I used a stamp to make it look aged.

These are the pictures I was trying to match with the home picture.

Yesterday I got some fabric and a curtain rod for the living room.  I can't wait to get them hung!  Here is the rod:)

Here is the curtain fabric.

I love chevrons!  I mean, I seriously love them. 
I want to paint a wall in my house with them, but I don't know if I have the patience to tape everything off perfect. I painted the wood with a cream color, made a stencil out of paper and traced it on this mirror, then just painted the black. I distressed it a little by sanding it. It is certainly not perfect, but that gives it character; right?

Sorry for the long rambling post.  If you just looked at the pictures, I don't blame you!
Pin It!

No comments: