Saturday, July 30, 2011

Books

I have really been slacking on reading/listening to books the last few months.  I have been getting back into it, though, and really enjoying it again.  I have been running in the mornings, and I listen to them when I run.  I also listen when I'm driving.  That is, if I'm not talking on the phone.  Listening while running makes them go faster, which helps me stay on track.  If too long goes between the times I listen, I get disinterested in the book.

I finished The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein a couple weeks.  It is told from the dog's perspective and very good!  It had me in tears a couple times. 


Just the other day I finished Under the Banner of Heaven:  A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer.  It tells of the evolution of The Church of Latter-day Saints (Mormons).  It also goes into the fundamentalist version of Mormonism.  I really knew nothing about Mormonism other than that some are polygamists (I love Sister Wives on TLC) and there are a lot in Utah. I know that this is just Mr. Krakauer's take on the facts, but it was an interesting read nonetheless.


Yesterday I started The Shack by William P. Young.  I'm only about 30 minutes in, but so far it's good!


What have you been reading?  Do you have any books to recommend?

Pin It!

No comments: