Thursday, April 26, 2012

This past weekend I met my friends in Galena, Illinois.  We got in late Friday, so we checked into our room and then headed down to a bar on the Main Street in town.  It wasn't too busy, but it was the perfect place to have a couple drinks and chat.  Then we headed back to our room where we stayed up talking until about 2:00 a.m.  I can't tell you the last time I stayed up that late!  (We were all feeling it come Sunday too!)

On Saturday we had our pampering appointments scheduled in the morning, so we got up, ate, and went to those.  I got a massage and a pedicure.  You get half your massage, then someone comes in for the second half and does a pedicure at the same time as the second half of your massage.  I must say, I didn't love the double action.  I thought it would be a real treat, but it's hard to focus on what's happening where.  It was quicker than having two separate things, though, so maybe that's why they do it that way.  Anyway, we all got some pampering, a few of us headed for quick showers after getting greasy after massages, then had some lunch.  I can't remember the name of the place we ate at, but Abe Lincoln and some military men ate by us.  They were having reenactments throughout the day.  I didn't see any of those, but here they are leaving the place we were eating lunch. 
After lunch we walked up and down the Main Street doing a little shopping.  We got ice cream along the way.  Jess was such a trouper walking so much while being pregnant.  Last year it was Sara, this year it was Jessica.  Who will it be next year?  We finished off our shopping at the Galena Winery.  We sampled some wine while Jessica took a load off at a table nearby.
When we got back to the room, Baby Bormann was doing the jive in Jessica's tummy, so we all had to get in on that action!
Jessica, Keith, and their families know the sex of the baby, but they aren't telling anyone else.  Mean, huh?  :)  So we had fun all weekend trying to trick her and get it out of her.  It's hard telling with this one.  I really am stumped.  On the one hand I say girl, but on the other I say boy.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Saturday night we headed out to Fried Green Tomatoes.  It was fancy and delicious.  We were going to pop into the bar a couple doors down for some drinks, but when we walked in and the music was blaring, we turned around and walked out.  We have far too much talking, laughing, and catching up to do to be sitting in a loud, smoky bar.  So we made a quit pit stop at Wal-Mart for some drinks, then headed back to the hotel.  We had some good laughs!  It's been a long time since I've laughed so hard.  I'm sure if anyone was staying the room next to us they were pretty tired of hearing our cackling!

Here we are before heading out to dinner.  I took it with my iPhone, which is hard work to get five people in a self-portrait!
This last pic is for T.J. who has recently become obsessed with waffle makers.  We had a cheap one that we had gotten somewhere for probably $15 or something.  He didn't want it anymore, so we sold it at a garage sale.  Well, guess what?  Now he wants one again.  I am holding out.  It's one kitchen appliance off the shelf, and I don't miss it at all!  I do like the fancier ones, though.  I could maybe be talked into one of those.  I just hate storing all that stuff!

It was such a fun weekend!  So many laughs, retelling old memories, and making new ones.  I love that we are going on these little girls' getaways and am looking forward to many more in the years to come!

Pin It!

No comments: