Thursday, May 31, 2012

Recent Reads

I don't think I've blogged about my recent book reading in a while, so I thought I would share my latest.  I just finished "Me to We:  Finding Meaning in a Material World."  It was so good!  I listened to it, as I usually do, and the reader sometimes had some crazy enunciation and inflection in his voice, but it was still really good.  So if you get started and feel that way too, keep reading!!

I had heard about it on the Haus of Girls blog.  She posted a few times about how good it was and how it really spoke to her.  She posted so much about it that I had to read it.  There are so many different soul-stirring stories and just eye-opening statistics.  It talks about the importance of community, the pursuit of happiness, and the way kids can do big things for our world.  It talks about humanity and how we block out what isn't happening in our cozy, comfy little corner of the world.  I can't recommend this book enough.  If you are looking for something to read, read this!  Then let me know so we can talk about it!!!
I listened to "The Pioneer Woman:  Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" when I was traveling to and from my weekend getaway to Galena with the girls.  It's a very cute love story written by Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman.  If you don't know who she is, you might be living under a rock. :)  It was an easy read, and I would recommend it!
And last but not least, "Worship on Earth as it is in Heaven."  We read and studied this for our small group.  It taught me so many things -- not to have false idols, giving God your best worship on Sundays, just to name a few.  We had some great discussions while going through this, and I will definitely be digging back into it from time to time.  If you are looking for a spiritually uplifting book, this one is it!
So that's what I've been reading lately.  What about you?  Anything I need to get my nose into -- err, I mean, my ears listening to?  I need to bulk up my list.  It's getting a little thin.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I just finished "Bloom" by Kelle Hampton and it was so good and kind of life changing - I would definitely recommend it, especially to moms. :)

Betsy said...

Thanks for the recommendations! I haven't read any of those, and they all three sound good!