Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Corn Dog Mini Muffins

Photo from here.

Corn Dog Mini Muffins

I first found this recipe on Pinterest.  We decided to give it a whirl, and were pleasantly surprised.  The recipe that I pinned was making your own cornbread mix, which I definitely didn't do.  That's why I loved it so much.  One box of Jiffy cornbread mix (milk & egg for the mix), three hot dogs, and a mini muffin tin.  That's it.  You mix the muffin mix like normal.  Cut hot dogs into 1 inch pieces.  Then put mix into greased muffin tin, filling about 3/4 of the way full.  Next add your hot dogs.  They baked at 400 for 10 minutes.  Super easy, quick, and good.  It made 24 mini muffins perfectly.

Miles saw them and said, "Cake!"  He ate the cornbread right up.  He was a little hesitant about the hot dogs.  He doesn't do meat (if we can even call hot dogs that!), but he took a few bites, so maybe it's a step in the meat-eating direction.  I think he just ate them because there was "cake" on them that he couldn't get off.  Let me know if you try them.  Or if you have any good recipes you've tried lately, let me know!!

Pin It!

No comments: