Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Miles' Big Boy Room Desk

I know I posted about this desk sometime last winter on my blog, but I can't for the life of me find it.  So I don't have any before pictures or during pictures to share with you.  But you can just imagine it.  It was light brown with some rusted spots, yucky and old looking.  

And this is what it looks like now!
To remind you, I snagged this beauty at a church sale, and was so excited!  I can't remember for sure, but it was $5.00 or $10.00.
I painted it this orange because it will match some bedding that I already have for his room.  It's basketball orange:)
I painted the top of the desk with chalkboard paint.  I sanded the chair down and restained it.  I should have sanded it more, though.  You can still see where the natural wear was.  Oh, well.  It give it character; right?
Inside the desk where Miles can keep all his goodies some day.
Sorry it took me so long to post after pics.  It's really just been hanging out in our garage waiting patiently for Miles to be ready for his big boy room.

Pin It!

No comments: