Sunday, June 10, 2012

My First Triathlon!!

I did my first triathlon!!  It was Keriann's first too:)  I had so much fun!!  It was the first annual KiCK it! Triathlon.  It was a sprint tri -- 600 yard swim, 10 mile bike, and a 5K run.  I was the most worried about the swim since I haven't done any swimming getting ready for the race.  I could touch, though, so it wasn't a big deal.  The rec center just put in a new lazy river, and we had to swim two times around it.

Here we are after getting our stuff set up.
It wasn't a huge race.  I think there were about 50 or so participants.  It was the perfect first tri for me!!
This is before the race started.

Miles was cheering us on.  He cracks up at my swim cap and goggles!
That's me in the water waiting to start.  I have on the black swim cap.
This is me below passing a girl:)
Here's Keriann doing the back stroke. 
Getting our biking gear on.
And away we go!  We rode together for the first couple miles, then I went ahead.  The road bike makes a huge difference!!  Keriann really wants one now!
Here I am running the 5K.
Here's Miles cheering on Keriann!
Me at the finish.
Keriann at the finish.
Here we are afterwards!  All smiles:)
We both had really awesome races!!  I loved the venue, the atmosphere, the weather, and seeing people I know from the gym on the run.  It was such fun!!  We are thinking about doing another one in August.  I'm also thinking about doing the Des Moines Half Marathon again.  It's a good flat course, and I would have my family there!  Maybe I can get T.J. talked into doing it with me?!  :)  


Pin It!

No comments: