Friday, August 24, 2012

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Abby had a surprise waiting for me when I got there!  She knows me too well!
I told her she knew how to show me a good time!  So we got busy and whipped this up.

To make this it's as follows:

1 cup baking soda
1 cup washing soda
1 cup borax
1 grated bar felsnaptha soap
We did this times 6, and it only filled the jar halfway.  One of Abby's friends said that they made about this much and it's lasted them seven months, and they still have some left.  You use 2 tablespoons per load.  We have a front load he washer.  We just put 2 tablespoons in the detergent spot instead of liquid detergent.  I wish we had smell-o-vision because it smells so fresh and clean!  There isn't much of a scent, though, when it comes out of the washer.  I used this with some Downy fabric softener that smells so good, and it took away that scent too.  I'm going to finish up our liquid detergent we have on hand before diving into this all the time.  But I'm so excited to have something that will work and save us money!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Does that work for regular top load washers too? Do you still only use 2 TBS? I would love to give it a try. Does it seem to get the stuff out? I use Tide now cause it seems to work best but it is so stinkin expensive!
Thanks Kaylan!
Rachel H