Thursday, August 30, 2012

Toddler Bed


This weekend T.J. and I spent most of our time getting ready for our garage sale.  We sorted, priced, etc.  It was a hot mess around here!  But while doing that we moved all the furniture, mopped under it, and the house is so clean!  While moving Miles' bed and mopping, we decided to make it into a toddler bed.
He was staying over at Keriann and Derrick's, so the first time he slept in it was his nap on Sunday.  He did great!  I'm not sure if he fell out or jumped when he woke up because there was a loud boom, but he didn't cry or anything.
Then Sunday night he didn't sleep too well at all.  He went to bed okay, but fell out around 2:45 a.m.  He was scared to go back to sleep in his bed.  He would be asleep but then wake up right away.  So he ended up coming to bed with me after the clock struck 4:00 a.m.  I was just sitting by the opening on his bed, and was over it!  T.J. left for work around 5:30 a.m., and that's the last thing I remember.  So Miles slept with me from then until about 8:30.  It was a rough night!  I sure don't miss the sleepless nights!!

We put this nice little gate thing up on Monday so he couldn't fall out of bed. For his nap he was so scared to get in bed.  We put him down, left the room, and he flipped out of bed.  We actually watched it on the monitor.  It was scary!  Then we ran upstairs.  He was fine.  T.J. rocked him back to sleep as I was just on my way out the door to a job.  So then he napped fine.  That night we put him to sleep easy, like normal.  The next morning I had to wake him up so he could go to the zoo with daddy.  When I woke him up, the first thing he said was, "Cool bed!"
I have moved the blue thing all the way one was since I took this picture.  So I'm thinking about taking one of the wood rail things off so he could still get in and out of bed.  I'm thinking potty training!  Then before we know it, it will be time to look for a big boy bed!  He is already almost the length of his mattress.


Pin It!

No comments: