Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 2 Afternoon in Chicago -- Willis Tower (Sears Tower)

After Miles fell asleep again on Sunday right as we were leaving the zoo.  We trekked back to the hotel.  I was switching on and off with T.J. for carrying responsibilities.  His back was bothering him, though, so I lugged my 30 pound boy and my 30 pound purse/diaper bag a mile back to the train station.  That was fun.  

As soon as we got back to the hotel, Miles woke up.  So we got cleaned up and headed to Willis Tower.  We had bought our go ticket things before going, so we already had our tickets.  When we got in the line, they told us it would be a 2 hour wait, but only 1 hour if you already had tickets.  I knew this was going to be rough with Miles.  Asking a 2 year old to hang out for an hour while waiting in line surrounded by strangers wasn't going to end pretty.  And it didn't.  I was ready to leave about 15 minutes into our wait.  If I could go back, I would have just taken Miles and gone shopping or something else.  That wait was brutal!

Derrick and T.J. hadn't been in the tower before.  I took Miles and wandered around while T.J. took it in.

See how shiny I am?  It's because I'm hot and annoyed and want to leave:)  It wasn't that bad.  But it was bad.


T.J., Derrick & Keriann wanted to check out the sky deck thing.  It's glass on all sides, so you can look straight down.  There were a bazillion people waiting, so I took Miles and wandered around while they did it.  Seeing a pattern here?  Totally should have taken him and gone shopping!



After Willis Tower we made our way back to the hotel, grabbing dinner to go, eating at the hotel.  Then we took Miles swimming before hitting the sack.

We had so much fun in Chicago, but it was exhausting!  We are so glad Keriann and Derrick were able to jump in and go with us.  Mike and Julie were going to go but something came up with Mike's work so they couldn't make it.  We were all bummed about it, but what can you do?  I think we may be making a few day trips up to Chicago soon.  I have a few more places I want to go:)

Pin It!

No comments: