Monday, December 10, 2012

Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

I have been such a blog flunky lately!!  So sorry if you've been coming to my site only to find my lame class ring staring you in the face:)  I'm going to try to do better!  I see a new year's resolution in the works here!  Well, without further ado, here is a delicious recipe!  My cousin Rachel sent this to me.  It's easy and yummy, which is a win-win; right!  Here is how to make it:

4 1/2 Cups Chicken stock/broth
2 C water
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 box Uncle Bens or Rice a Roni long grain and wild rice 
2 chicken breast
1/2 C flour
1/2 C butter
2 C half and half

Put first 6 ingredients in crock pot. Put the rice in unprepared, just dump it in along with the season packet. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4. Take chicken out and shred.  Put the shredded chicken back into crock pot.  Melt  butter over medium heat in a pan on the stove.  When melted mix in flour slowly.  Warm that up for a few minutes.  Slowly whisk in half and half until smooth.  Put this mixture into the crock pot 15 minutes before serving.

Let me know if you give it a whirl!  We're pretty into soups at our house this winter.  E-mail me if you have a soup that you love that we should try!
Pin It!

No comments: