Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Big Day Today!

We had a might big day today!  We met Maelyn and Jill at the zoo this morning.  We tried to get them both in one side of the egg, but Miles wasn't having that.  So we did this, then he couldn't take his eyes off her.
Of course Miles couldn't wait to get on the carousel!  He asked for the rooster.
After the zoo, we had lunch at Noodles & Company.  I had a delicious free noodle bowl for my birthday.  Yum-o!  Then Miles and I had to run to Target to pick up a birthday present for his buddy, Nolan, and some goodies for the Pinterest party we were going to this afternoon.  I took a little risk in going and not having Miles nap, but I knew he would have so much fun, so we went for it.  

We went out to the Travis' house.  It was a beautiful day, and they have a great big, shaded backyard to play in!  There were loads of boys, lots of games, and tons of fun!

This was getting ready to do the Pinterest salt watercolor painting.
This is the balloon pinata pop thing.
Here's more of the painting.

We brought the marshmallow poppers.  They were okay.  The balloons kept coming off the cups, though.  I think I needed heavier cups.  And I set up the buckets thinking you could aim the marshmallows, but it was too hard.
Here is a shaving cream and Cheetos game.
Miles had so much fun!!

Then Derrick's cousin, Hunter, got moved up to JV and started tonight at the baseball game in Collins.  So since we were so close, we decided to go check the Raiders out.  Miles was still going strong and was in a great mood the whole afternoon, even though the nap was forgotten.
Then we left the game, cruised over to Maxwell to say HI to Uncles Tom and Jay at Logsdon's Grocery Store.  And we weren't out of Maxwell before Miles was fast asleep in the car.  I carried him in, and he slept on the couch for a while.  I was talking and cooking the whole time, and he just kept snoozing.  We had to get him up because I was worried about him not sleeping tonight.
What a fun, BIG, busy summer day!


Pin It!

No comments: